Carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS)
- Develop CO/CO2 refineries;
- Integration of CCUS in hubs and clusters, including knowledge sharing activities;
- Decarbonising industry (steel, cement, waste incineration, refineries, chemical industry, hydrogen production, …) with CCS/CCUS;
- Cost reduction of CO2 capture (new or improved technologies, through integration in existing facilities);
- Developing and monitoring new storage pilots with particular consideration of safety aspects and public engagement on CO2 storage and transport.
Green digitalisation of the energy system – Interoperability and data
- Integration of digital technologies (Artificial Intelligence, Big Data), solutions and platforms into the operation of the energy system, taking into account interoperability requirement and data sharing;
- Incresed interoperability and access/sharing of data of the digital energy infrastructure (including among others Internet of Things devices, Smart Meters, Energy Smart elements (i.e. Energy Smart Appliances, batteries …), all type of platforms, Home Energy Management System (HEMS), Building Energy Management System (BEMS), interfaces for the exchange of information (i.e. Application Programme Interfaces- APIs), interoperable open standards, Digital Twins (and the development of data driven services/solutions on top of them) and AI algorithms at different levels, exploiting advances in Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), integrating ICT tools (hardware and software) at the grid edge level enabling real-time response.
Industry 5.0 and Zero-defect manufacturing
- Circular by design manufacturing;
- AI enhanced robotics system for smart manufacturing (IA);
- Zero-defect manufacturing towards zero-waste;
- Laser-based technologies for green manufacturing;
- Industrial Internet for distributed control and modular manufacturing;
- Biomaterial-based manufacturing;
- Products with complex functional surfaces;
- Smart sustainable production of complex products;
- Sustainable manufacturing close to the consumer;
- Digital tools for Circular Economy;
- Artificial Intelligence for sustainable, agile manufacturing;
- 5G Innovation for Manufacturing;
- Enabling circularity of resources in the process industries, including waste and water;
- Novel and improved materials for green nanoelectronic components and devices for industrial applications.
- new launchers;
- components and materials for satellites and spacecraft;
- new propulsion systems;
- communication and control systems;
- as well as re-entry and de-orbiting approaches.